Aug 25, 2011

I AM HESTER PRINN.

I am not like you, nor am I like the other people that work at my job. I am a contract employee, which means the company I work for is paying another company more money than I am getting for having me work there. I am surprizingly ok with them taking a cut of my goods and services for two reasons: I am not going to be worth anything to this company for a long while and the contractor pushed up my payrate much higher than I even value myself at.

In regards to pay I really hope I'm given the promised payrate when I see my first paycheck. I have an offer letter but the whole "THIS CAN BE RENEGOTIATED AT ANYTIME WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT" thing scares me. I believe the agency gets a percentage of my hourly rate so I think its in their best interest to be honest with me. We'll see at the end of the month (I think I get paid then... I hope I get paid then).

Aside from that I'm pretty much a second class citizen: I have to complain for any access to anything that real employees are given the keys to on their first day. No company funded health care or investment plans is also annoying. It'll be k though. I'll tell you what's not k, I spent a good portion of my lunch hour finding neat stuff at the company store. I was told at checkout that I wasn't allowed to purchase anything unless I was a 100% pureblooded employee.

I think this is how the holocaust started.

No comments:

Post a Comment