Mar 20, 2011

AT&T and T-Mobile Deserve Each Other

You ever see an awful person get in a relationship with another awful person and make a terribly awful couple? This is how I feel about the recently announced acquisition of T-Mobile by that fat and slow AT&T. I've had multiple year contracts with both and I'm still debating on who I hate more.

I currently use AT&T for their fancy iPhone, the phone is fine but the service is overpriced and non-existent in many areas. Finding a 3G signal on AT&T is met with the same joy and disbelief as finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. But in this simile the pot of gold is actually charged on your phone bill but still not available in 105% of the area you live in. On top of no 3G in my areas, AT&T's normal phone services only work with a phone-reset and prayer. Voicemail? Hope you don't mind waiting for it, because you won't be notified or be able to retrieve it for upwards of a half an hour. Picture and video messaging is a joke, not only that but I won't be notified that the media message didn't go through until an hour later, if at all. This might not seem like a big deal, but if I think I sent you a picture of my boypart I might act a certain way towards you since you didn't say you weren't into it. That puts us in an awkward situation when we deal with the real world issue of me showing you the real thing under the assumption the picture had broken the ice. I'm sorry. I think when too many customer's realize that AT&T sucks the company just eats another phone company (Centennial) or gets another phone exclusive (iPhone).

T-Mobile I will give the benefit of the doubt because I had the service in the year 2005, I would assume the service has gotten better since then if I wasn't told otherwise by every single T-Mobile customer. I feel like T-Mobile is actually a fake phone company set up by some Nigerian 419 scammers. In each state they erect 1 cellphone tower and made a mall kiosk just to start stealing identities and get bank account numbers.

So we have the fat and terrible AT&T getting together with the "I swear its not a real phone company" T-Mobile. I really do think the customers win in this situation, or at least I do, so that when my contract expires I will have just 1 company to avoid like the plague instead of two.

1 comment:

  1. And without having iPhone as an exclusive anymore, what really IS the point of AT&T?

    ReplyDelete