May 4, 2011

A service I would pay a premium for

I hate debt and I hate bills. I have been known to go without just to avoid a recurring fee. I lived at home for the past 2 years mainly to avoid the 300-600 a month in "independence" expenses. I told people that living at home gave me the freedom to do whatever I wanted with my life, which was a lie because I worked at a job I CENSORED mainly to avoid the feeling that I would be trapped in my current living situation forever.

But that's what I wasn't willing to pay for. Here is what I am willing to pay for.

I currently pay 90 dollars a month for phone service, 40 for the calling plan (which I use maybe 10% of), 30 for internet (now tolerable with 3G) and 20 for texting. I would pay 180 dollars a month if I had a written guarantee that people would pick up my calls or at least return my messages. I'm not some stalker or anything, I think most of the people I try to communicate with appreciate my existence in their life, but they are either lazy or feel that they are better than me.

Case in point: I do you a favor and ask for feedback on favor. "Is this good enough?" I asked someone this a while ago and it was something that they were reasonably concerned about. I hear nothing. Not only do I hear nothing but I see them wasting time posting frivolous bullshot on facebook. Listen lady this is part 1 of 5 unpaid obligations I'm doing for you and you can't even tell me if I'm on the right track? I will double the 40 dollars a month I pay for home Internet if the Internet promises me that my recipeients would treat me with at least the same respect they treat cat macros (this rant is against a composite person and its not you or anyone you know so get off your high horse).

Case in double point: I apply for a job and here nothing back. This is worse than the form rejection letter that 10% of companies have the decency to cut and paste to me. I would pay a ten dollar admission fee for every job I apply to (this would be thousands of dollars) if two things were promised:

1. A live human with the authority to move me anywhere forward in the HR process looked at my resume/cover letter for more than 30 seconds.
2. The job exists and is actually available to outside hires.
3. I get a YES, NO, or TRY BACK LATER response in 30 days of applying.

Ok I'm done. How far did everyone make it on the poem that was posted yesterday? I made it to the third line. I bookmarked it and will try to read it sober some time.

Also: I ate a bunch of rasins and I think its starting to catch up with my waste management system.




No comments:

Post a Comment