Oct 18, 2011

Analysis of minute 1 through 3 of Dateable.

1:00-1:05 A last minute transition that I shot a couple days later. Kind of guessed on what time would be most inappropriate for our actor to show up. J found the sound clip which I decided to reuse towards the end of this.

1:05-1:08 One of the many lines that would have been funny coming from someone else. Awkward dialogue is not our actors strong suit, and yet I continue to make him say it.

1:08-1:20 Again there is nothing really funny on this line, just showing how unprepared she is for this date.

1:20-1:45 25 seconds to eat 1 funion. Well worth it.

1:45-1:47 Ripped this transition off one of J's projects that he did before we were friends.

1:47-1:58 Late title. I love late titles.

1:58-2:07 My hand, my gut was also in this but I zoomed in.

2:07-2:23 I originally wanted the film to cut to a cheesy infomercial with this dialogue for the instructions. I got lazy and ended up having our actress read them straight from the script. Its one of those things that I tell myself that I will fix on the remix but I seriously will never work on this video again.

2:23-2:48 That picture of J is the whittling down of about 4 pages of script in the unshod prologue. He also cut most of himself out of the latest thing we did for a 48 hour film festival. Future projects may evolve into a "Where's Waldo" style search for his presence.

2:48-3:00 Funions #2! J put these parts together and I was afraid he was going to spend another 30 seconds on it, but he really made the right call and gave us a concise but funny version of what happened before.

Alright that's it for now, I'm sure the Internet is dying to hear my thoughts on minutes 3-9 so I'll be overanalyzing them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment