Sep 14, 2011

Dateable Diary #1

Ugh why doesn't the blogger app hav a landscape mode!?! Other than that it's perfect, but that's a big thing to not have.

Anyway. Dateable happend as part of "films with friends" a rededication of my video making efforts. It stars people who are not me which is a very d'ĂȘtre ing change,

I'm doing first edit now, just over 2 hours of forage from 2 cameras. I will speak about the sections I "finish" and leave out script details so we can all be surprised in how disappointed we are.

I had about 1.5 ideas for the visual look of this and one of them is upfront. I don't actually get ideas myself, just find new things to rip off. And in this opening we are ripping off a "how to use a monopod" segment from vimeo.com. It was rough looking while shooting but I like how the idea turned out.

This was the first thing we shot with Our actress and i think that worked out because the quick takes and running around of her comfortable. It also gave her a moment to take in where the video is being shot and get a visual on her costar without being thrown into his arms immediately.

I spiced in a couple shots of our actor but I think I'm going to cut them out. Right now this segment is just under a minute and I am going to need much time as possible later for jokes to cover up the fact the whole video takes place in one room. Also having out actor talked about but not seen or heard kind of ups the ante on what kind of stud/douche he's gonna be.

This segment leads directly into the conversation that will take up the rest of the movie. The first line from out actor feels like it takes forever to spit out, it makes me dread editing the rest of it because my goal to keep this thing moving and all I have is singles and the occasional movement worth showing to an audience. Oh well we will find it.

As of right now my goal for this video is to be 7-8 minutes, I would be ecstatic if I could fit everything good and tell a complete story in 5 or less, but I don't think it's going happen.

I'm done, thanks to my director of photography totally not seeing my head in the reflection of an otherwise excellent shot. I would have made the same mistake, I'm sure it'll get a laugh, and that's one more than the dialogue will get.

No comments:

Post a Comment