Sep 18, 2011

Dateable Diary #2

Editing is in progress, it's going ok. You don't realize what you should have shot until you don't have it. And yet we persevere. Definitely coming in under 10 minutes, hopefully under 7 after we trim some more. J is taking a sound effect/music pass, making some decisions that I don't quite agree with but it's not just my project (I'll wait till he leaves and undo his work).

I should have provided our actors and camera operators what I was looking for more clearly. But they did fine and the final product will hopefully reflect that.

Every video I've made I wish I would be able to capture every major hand body movement in close up to cut against. And every video I forget and either have it look like poorly edited garbage or try to recreate the shots during editing and have it look like fake garbage.

Watching Thor, a movie that succeeds despite piles of bad decisions made while producing it. The tone is very weird and the movies scope is intentionally small to just be a preamble for the Avengers. If this video succeeds then I have hooks built into to lead it into the next one, or even a previous one. But it will stand on it's own, if it stands at all, or if anyone can stand it.

J and I saw Drive today, a movie that would be under 20 minutes long if you cut out the tension or mood building moments. I sassed that there is more dead space in this movie than in every Michael bay movie combined, but it's not dead space, it is time and effort spent building characters and relationships. It is a risk, one that I and the rest of the Internet video kids can't afford.

Anyway J is reviewing music/sleeping. I will continue with Thor and listening to the even drunker WMU students celebrate a victory they had nothing to do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment