Jan 26, 2012

199- In Celebration of a Paid Gig

I have a paid gig doing almost creative stuff.  It is probably closer to 10 gigs, pay and creativity levels are still up in the air.  But it is mine, all I have to do now is satisfy the expectations of the customer and my skill/desires for the project.  If you have heard about it specifically then good for you, I may be enlisting your (non-paid) assistance in the future, if you haven't then I'll tell you more about it when its done.

1.  I want my work to be seen by lots of people.  

2.  I want it to be loved, I want it to be hated, I want it to be worthy of time and opinion. 

I am starting to realize that I don't have the talent or resources to do both.

I was reviewing the new youtube layout and I noticed the view count for Management Material.... it's pitiful.  Now even at the time I was making it I knew Management Material was super long and not very pretty to look at, but it had heart and I am so proud of it.  One day I swear I am going to go back and make a really solid 15 minute version of it.  It was relevant too, if anything it was a couple months ahead of its time.  

My new project does not need Management Material, it needs about 80 versions of this and I can barely watch that, let alone make it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment