Jan 12, 2012

Did you read it? BECAUSE I READ IT.

First watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

Did you watch that video?

Good because I didn't. As a reasonably active Christian I see around a dozen links to Christian opinions or "analysis" everyday on facebook. They are usually posted, without comment or with a worthless comment like INTERESTING! This is what I think you are saying every time you post a Christian link.

"LOOK AT HOW I LOOKED AT THIS THING"

I don't think you care about what the article says or if I read it. I think you just want me to know that you read something. And maybe you want me to comment or like that you read something. Or maybe you want me to get offended at what you read because I have a different opinion. But then you can go back and say "Oh I just read it and thought it made interesting discussion." And then I would throw up.

This is turning into just another way to get into a pissing match over the Internet. You are smarter/closer to God/wiser/hipsterer than I am. See I admit it, and so does everyone else on your friends list. So now that we are on the same page, this is how you can tell me about the Internet.

"Here is a skit from Portlandia about people using how much they read as a way to compete with each other instead of actually enjoy themselves/learn about stuff. It also shows how we latch on to random crap we see over taking in the world we live in on our own. I liked it because it went along with how I feel about 90% of the links that people post on Facebook. The whole show is awesome and it's streaming on Netflix."


A while ago on the blog I went off on how people use their interests as a way to block others out. Don't worry if you didn't read it. That video right above? I really enjoyed it and I'm willing to not only post it but post my opinions about it and what it meant to me. I'm not trying to show you how awesome I am for finding it. I want you to experience it and would love to discuss it with you.

That link at the top of the page? I WATCHED IT BECAUSE ITS ABOUT RELIGION (I didn't actually watch it because its about religion, it was posted context free, and I want to punch the title/creator of the video in the face).

No comments:

Post a Comment