Dec 7, 2010

I am watching High School Musical non-ironically

and yet I am still more of a man tonight than Sleepy Cricket. You know why? When this Disney Channel Original Movie is over I can resume my normal life with this secret pleasure behind me. But Sleepy Cricket, well apparently his secret pleasure has been accepted by society. Yes, it is true SLEEPY'S obsession with the time/life/COOL sink World of Warcraft is real... and it's killing him.

The lunch room musical number has inspired me to plead with SLEEPY to kick the WoW habit.

"No, no, no, nooooooooooo
(stop playing World of Warcraft)
No, no, no
(seriously, the expansion doesn't make WoW any more acceptable to play)
Stick to the stuff you know
(like anti-social activities that people find endearing despite you being 24)
If you wanna be cool
(and that is your life's goal)
Follow one simple rule
(or any rule you CONTRARIAN)
Don't mess with the flow, no no
(I think Zach Efron is prettier than Vennessa Hudgens. I bet his vagina's got less gunk in it too what do you think?)
Stick to the status quo

MOVIE UPDATE: The non-show tune score of this movie is just a bigger budget ROOM theme.

Anyways here are some things that SLEEPY should be doing instead of WoW:

1. Make a strong part in your recently growed out hair. Only my Efron can pull off the comb down thing that you been pushing. Have you thought about curling your hair into a carrot top style afro and becoming mulatto? I think that would be a good look for you.

2. Join the local high school play. Just imagine if you put your angst to good use? I bet you could sing the heck out of "Get your head in the game" or that other one.

3. Pay attention and sing duets with Gabriella. That girl that just transferred to your office because her mother's job got moved to Albuquerque. She said she used to be a freaky math girl, but here at East High she's just happy to blend in. I bet if you took a break from WoW you could spend some time with her and teach her that stage fright is nothing to be stage frightened of through the power of song.

4. GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME. If you didn't spend so much time focusing on your virtual character you would realize how far you've fallen from your potential. As HSM has shown you can be either a basketball player or a drama-kid, those are your choices... and you aren't either so obviously you need to focus more about where you are in your life.

5. My favorite character in High School Musical is the black girl's hair and the stuff that she has in her hair. In the beginning she had like this 5" headband thing, and later on in the movie they show her progress as a non-character by not having things restraining her hair. So it's got this shake and weave and stuff and it really seems to be acting it's follicles out. I hope they give her hair lines and possibly a song in the sequel.

This could be the start
(but only if you stop playing WoW)
Of something new
(such as having a real life)
It feels so right
(probably feel even right-er if you quit the blog as well [LET YOU EVER STARTED THE BLOG IN THE FIRST PLACE])
To be here with you
(...)
And now looking in your eyes
(...)
I feel in my heart
(...)
The start of something new
(... Ok I'm sick of hiding this, I'm jealous of the relationship with World of Warcraft. I wish you could base your life around this blog or just our relationship like you do that darn game. Why can't our love for each other be enough? If you want to throw away 13.95 a month then we can go to steak and shake. I know I'm not John Pudy but... you know what I'm here. And I've been her month after month despite you letting our friendship subscription lapse. If you put as much attention on me as you did that game then.... well I can't promise you'd level up but you could probably get a mount out of it.)

Ok so the Basketball/Quiz Bowl/Musical Audition scene is taking place so I must end this post before I get too wrapped up in the spirit of the movie and embarrass myself.

TOODLES!

C- Minus

2 comments:

  1. That was the gayest thing ever.
    On so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan I told you not to come around here no more.



    Oh I'm just jiggling, good to hears from ya

    How's the winter treating the moped these days?

    ReplyDelete