Dec 21, 2010

Reflections: Proud of 2010

I did some stuff in 2010, most of it I will look back upon with embarrassment. Here are the only 5 things that I think will be looked upon with pleasant feelings.

I saved some money:
Not enough but forget you its a start. My gadget purchases have been curbed significantly and if I continue the positive trend in savings I will be able to run away from my life next summer/fall.

Here are some savings tricks that worked for me in 2010:
  1. Automatic deposits into hard to reach savings accounts, the harder to reach and sketchier the online bank the better! I'm pretty sure when I'm ready to withdrawl my bank is going to disappear like in the climax of the movie "Blow" but for now I feel like I am making progress.
  2. Curbing youth leadership! In previous years I would do a lot of youth stuff for my church, but due to my hatred of following any church procedure and being taught lessons on attitude, I would just fund all of the events myself. 2010 was the year I gave up that and I am a richer (financially) person for it.
  3. Living at home! It rivals the value of living in a prison but instead of being made someone's prison property, I am merely mocked as if I was someone's prison property by everyone who I mention my living situation to.
60% of my youth leadership stuff:
2010 was the year when I just stopped dealing with people in youth leadership who didn't want to be dealt with. There will be a much longer post about this someday but I finally understand that I am not superman and can't win everyone for team Jesus, or even team humanity. My newly well balanced involvement includes teaching instead of babysitting AND I have not taught "preached" to anyone this year (youth or adult), which in my book makes me a lot less annoying than some of the others of the same volunteer job description.

Remaining me:
People have come and gone but I am for the most part am still me. From previous entries and my personality it is clear that I am not always happy with me but my sappy and depressing moments have been well within the C-Minus standard deviation.

Management Material:
Love it or hate it, it is a completed story and I got to work in some of my besties into it.

So 2010 was a year. More reflection will be coming throughout the week. Also SLEEPY CRICKET texted to apologize for not posting and then refused to respond to my text of forgiveness.



No comments:

Post a Comment