Apr 23, 2011

You can't yell at me on my day off




Thursday at 12:00 PM I realized I messed up something at work. Here is a chart demonstrating what caused this:

Reasons for Mistake

This type of issue happens once a day for me. But I usually catch it and correct it by the doing the following.

How I Catch My Mistakes at Work

But on Thursday I didn't catch the mistake, one that probably won't seriously impact anyone, but it will be noticed. And considering the day after is Good Friday, no one will have anything to do at work aside from cry about it. And cry they did.

But after I caught this error, I contacted the error-ed party as a CYA maneuver. I got a stay of repercussions until Monday.... at least I got verbal confirmation that nothing would come back on me til Monday. Usually 3 days after a mistake is made the reasons for mistake are muddyed enough that the guilty party is harder to find.

About a half hour after I got the verbal agreement from slighted party, I was given the option of taking Friday off. An option which I opted for as the only thing I would have to do on Friday is dwell on my mistake and stare/smell at some coworkers.

10AM Friday was when the verbal truce I forged was destroyed. And now we have everyone messing their undies without me to negotiate a calm down. After some phone calls the situation was put on back burner until Monday again, with the ominous threat from manager that we would talk about it then.

So I get to enjoy the rest of the weekend with the threat of repercussions, not only that, I finally get a response from an internal job that would remove me from these people on Friday as well. Second interview is now a go, but any reference check at my location would probably only revolve around my latest mistake.

Since my career repercussion is delayed until Monday I have personally punished myself by grounding me from driving until the weekend is over.

I told myself that I would only write about music/movies and games from here on out but this situation has been dwelling in my soul for the past couple days and I wanted to get it out of me.

Let me know if you would like to review my recently update resume,

C-Minus

1 comment: