Feb 18, 2011

Dear Dave Ramsey: Should I buy a PS3

I no longer feel the urge to be funny or put time into writing these posts anymore. I understand if you no longer feel compelled to read this.

I mentioned that I might be purchasing a Playstation 3 (2nd time is a charm) to some of my youth. They instructed me to go through the 5 steps that learned in their Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class, this is a class where their well paid instructor plays Dave Ramsey CD's for them and then goes on the news and cries about funding for public education. Also I think using this stuff in a non-authorized class is a violation of the terms of use on the material. I am tempted to report the class because I have the moral high ground and don't like lazy teachers.

I only half listened to what the youth was saying but thought I would take me through the 2.5 steps before making the plunge.

Question 1: Do you know everything about this product before you buy it?
Yes. I know mainly because I owned one before any decent games came out for it and then sold it before the price dropped. If I got one I might cancel my Xbox Live Gold account which would be around 40-50 dollars a year in savings (I don't play online that much anymore and Netflix is free on PS3).

Here are some games that I want to play that are PS3 exclusive:
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 1 and 2
Little Big Planet 2

Blueray does not interest me so that's not really a selling point.

Question 2: Have you thought about it at least 24 hours?
I've held off buying one for a while, I was close to pulling the trigger on black friday but had SLEEPYCRICKET and brother restrain me from doing so. They were bad friends for fufilling that task because it was a great deal.

Question 3: (This is where I stopped paying attention) Will it improve your life?
Not really. Aside from the games listed above I already have an Xbox 360 and special Wii. BUT I want to try the games listed above. My life does not suck for lack of video games, it probably sucks in small reason due to the abundance of video games. Thanks Mario, I COULDA' BEEN A DOCTOR.

Question 4: Is it going to find you a new job or move you out of your mother's basement?
Nope, if anything it will do the opposite.

Also I got called at 3AM to go to work because our shipping department mislabeled some products that shipped and this wasn't caught until a customer had to shut a major manufacturing facility down due to the short notice that they didn't have any parts. So I make my 30+ minute voyage, get there at 3:45AM (unshowered in half pj's half crap clothes) deal with it, continue working until 3PM because my coworker was being a seaworld about having to cover 10 minutes of work for me to go home early. Also a backup supervisor (not mine) had called me a mf'ing cry baby that should go cry because that's what mf'ing cry babies do.

Question 5: Oh just quit being a penny pincher and buy the thing.
OK!

2 comments:

  1. All Ik know about personal finance is that you shouldn't make ANY extraneous purchases unless you have zero debt, and at least $2000 in the bank for emergencies.
    Until then, you must live on beans and rice, and bunny ears. No exceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought 1500 shares of borders bookstore

    ReplyDelete