Nov 25, 2010

"Can you go and get me a black friday item?"

Hey C-Minus. Thanks for coming over for Thanksgiving. It's really nice to have us all together as a family. Why don't we do this more often? Your girlfriend is lovely and suprisingly real. I was hoping that I coulde spoil the lovely dinner that I have prepared (ordered in) and ask you to go on a suicide mission to Best Buy for an iPod Touch with a 30 dollar gift card. It would be so easy C-Minus so easy. You could just go a couple minutes before the 5AM opening time and pick one up. Easy peasy lemon squeesy.

Oh wait... so you're saying that the item will be sold out by then? You are kidding me. You don't know! How would you possibly know? Oh wait you waited in line for me last year (19" TV/DVD Player) and the year before that (non-remembered thing that is probably broken by now). Bullcrap, I don't rmemeber any of that. MOM!

I already promised your nephew this item and even though I easy have enough funds to buy it at full price, that included gift card would mean so much to me. Do you know what that gift card would be used for? Probably nothing because I will lose it or give it to a person to show how well-off I am.

You know what? My father-in-law over heard my cries and said he would do it. He doesn't know what an iPod Touch is but he will get up at 4 AM to be there 10 minutes before the sale starts. No he won't miss out on the deal and get elbowed or trampled in the process... you don't know what you're talking about.

Ok you can go now. No not your girlfriend... just you. I still have mom to flip out on so we should be fine without you.

Thanks for coming, see you at Christmas!

-Sister

6:56 PM UPDATE: Yes I caved and went out and got the iPod Touch. Line was orderly with the exception of the SLEEPY CRICKET twins. At this moment sister will not answer her phone to confirm that A. She didn't con father-in-law to get item and B. She has the funds to repay me.

I will post updates as events unfold.

Public appreciation. This is the carrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment