Nov 7, 2010

Management Material- Driven

Episode 1- The Stance
Episode 3:




Random Thoughts:

- Always exciting to have someone new aboard the video train. A+ would work with again. My costar mockingly told her that she was a professional but she kind of was. At least in the sense that she wanted to emerge with a decent video and was willing to work to achieve that goal.

- This came at the end of a very full week of work and other activities. I was exhausted going in and barely standing coming out of it. Most of my lines are screaming which takes a lot out of me. Along with keeping track of getting all of the lines covered and making sure no one is using the zoom function on the camera.

- I forgot to put in 1 really important line, I could have put it in but it's past midnight and I have to get up for stuff tomorrow so forget it.

- I was really hoping my costar would have gone through the script and fixed his lines, but he didn't so he is stuck with the clunky sentences and exposition that I write for myself. I came up with the idea and wrote the only draft of this 5 page script in under an hour. Booyah.

- I really hope I can wrap this up with the next episode. The way I have it worked out in my head I need an old man and that's about it. I think my costar and I are wanting hair/beard cuts and we are being held back by our desire for consistency. Also the pants I am wearing in these are extremely tight. I hiked them down towards the end of the car scene in hopes there would be back cleavage as I got out of the car, but sadly there was nothing but a bit of midrift.

- Just saw Due Date and it had funny bits in it, but it didn't really flow well as a movie. I really hope that Robert Downey Jr. actually spit in that dogs face though. It's funny that most of that took place in a car and there was a misguided guy with a beard. That's probably where the similarities end. I wish the movie would have stopped briefly in vegas and did a brief cross over with the Hangover (with Zach Galifanakis playing both characters)

- Debating whether or not to expose any coworkers to this beyond the wives. One of the wives got a much better job and this is her last week. Her presence will be missed.

- I already regret putting the hula hoop footage in this

- The goof reel on this is better than the actual episode.

- We were all freezing while making this.

- I had one of my friends set to be camera man on this but I was too lazy to call and keep track of him for the evening. I really wanted a more traditional and slower editing style but with the camera people being in the skit and no one remembering lines it looks like it was spliced together with a machete and duct tape.

- There was a much worse cut of this done and ready to export til iMovie crashed and I had to restart. I think it's a better video for it although I would like that couple hours of my life back.

- I get a bit direct when making these things. I will never ever be compensated for my work and this hobby will only be tolerated for another year or two so I just need to focus on output. I would actually be very interested in starting a video club for college plus, with multiple video makers doing their own thing but meeting once a week as a homebase to see who wants to help with what. I did a group like this for youth for 2 years and it was really tough because not only was I the only one responsible for putting it together I also had to motivate/educate and keep control over a group with various levels of interest in actually making something.

- The more I think about the line I forgot to put in the more annoyed I am because a line towards the end clarifies that line which is no longer present and doesn't quite make sense now. It can be assumed it was in there which is probably how I forgot to put it in there in the first place.

- The quantity of random thoughts on this can be attributed to youtube taking its sweet time processing the file so I can embed it into this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment