Nov 15, 2010

Management Material 4- Management Off

EP 1: The Stance






And there we have it. A conclusion to the show that at the same time is both rushed and overlong. Enough of this negativity though because its time for...

POSITIVE Random Thoughts:

The first facebook comment on the last one was regarding COSTAR not acting, it was because he was driving and because I needed him to just spit out what I wrote for him. In this he has a little bit more to do and did very well. I guess the question is what is acting? Is it making someone believe you or is it fulfilling what the director/important person wants of you. If it is the later then COSTAR is a great actor, if it is the former then my no budget-few crew Internet videos are not an appropriate place to judge him on his acting ability.

Cut out a minute and a half which was supposed to take the characters from the girl's house to the managers house. It was unwatchably choppy and terribly lit. I think the holes are filled in through out the episode but here is what happened.
1- Eric leaves in car
2- Leaving in a hurry he hits someone crossing the street (B who had all of his stuff removed but played stunt double for a lot of stuff in this ep). During the argument C Minus hops in his trunk.
3- Eric uses C Minus' wallet with business card to find Manager's house
4-100 Are in episode

I tried to shave quickly after all of my character's lines were done but my razor broke and I had about 4 pounds of hair on my face. It is very awkward shaving in someone else's bathroom, especially when 2 people are waiting on you.

Yes I know the video is 12 minutes, I think it is a fast 12 minutes though. COSTAR Recommended cutting it into two but the only good place to cut would be right before the management off which would have left the first chunk without much actual action and left me more time to pick my writing/acting/camera work apart and never release either of them. The more I wait on a project the less likely it will actually get done.

I think I finally trained COSTAR to fight through any time/attitude problems or sickness he is dealing with and just do what I tell him. He did not recommend finishing the shoot on another day, probably because he was eager to get his hair cut and felt weird shooting a video at his mom's house.

Yes I know I'm ripping off Scott Pilgrim during the competition. Also shut up.

I'm still debating on whether that handshake is too hot for facebook or not.... time will tell.

What will our next project be? Preferably some one-off videos where I can take my time during shooting and not worry about consistency of wardrobe, time of day or beard styles.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm still debating on whether that handshake is too hot for facebook or not.... time will tell."

    The answer is probably. Also could have used a NSW tag, thank you!

    ReplyDelete