Oct 25, 2010

Workland Chronicles: Episode 1 - The Dawn of Reckoning

7:00am...A touch phone echoes a peircing howl back at the morning sun. Its master viciously slides it to sleep again.
7:15am...Second snooze on Touchy McPhonestein. Alarm 2 roars awake from the bathroom with bland radio personalities discussing some survey about the genders. Stupidity and movement has proven the greatest alertness tool.
7:30am...Not that great a tool this day. Second snooze on bathroom alarm & fifth on touchy. Awakeness finally succumbs to the noise. To the shower of I go where time stands still as I partake in the usual cleanliness ritual.
7:50am...A morning feast, I call in the name of Sir Titus Strudel. Icing is applied liberally with a side of harvested cows milk.
8:00am...Officially late for my day of questing, I hastily make my journey on the only road I've ever known...from Monday through Friday.
8:05am...Ah ha! Workland, a mythical and magical wonderland where e-mails exceed no size limit and accidental small talk is non-formulaic.

Soon...

Episode 2 - The Search of the Last Vanilla Creamer...

No comments:

Post a Comment