Jan 25, 2011

Guess what? I write crap too.

I swear I was planning on posting this before C-Minus posted his script and I'm not initiating a creative showcase showdown.
Although, after reading this, I think we'll all know who the winner would be...

Anyway, the genre I write in falls into one of two categories. Geeky, and sadistic. I use these genres in both prose, and poetry. That's right, poetry -- I'm in touch with stuff and junk.

This selection falls under the prosey, geeky umbrella. It's been rattling around in my head for a couple years, and I even wrote something then, but can't find it anymore. Anyway, I've finally sketched out an outline and wrote a little teaser excerpt that I actually don't hate (as is the case with 95% of what leaves my fingers).

Untitled story project:
Of course I think it’s fair. ‘Tis only a handful of yokels who think otherwise. It’s an unnatural thing to do, and any of ‘em that thinks they can get away with it deserve it. No question. Unfair would be if they only enforce it sometimes, and let others slip by with a tink on the wrist. You can’t have you’re help pretending to be you, can you? You can’t have that. That’s why there are all the precautions taken. And the ones that found their way around those precautions and stole identities--they had it coming. I don’t want them around, that’s for sure. Is it “just” to take them apart, and let the robowhores go when they’re caught impersonating? Shoo, cops catch a girl picking up her John, she might spend the night in jail, but they test her she turns out to be a driod who’s impersonating...har har, good so far, but not todar! Then she gets dismantled, jus the same. And they always get caught in the end. All of em. There’s just no way around it. A driod can’t replace a human. Not possible. Can man replace a god? They sure try, too, though, shoo. All that talk they had about “robots takin’ ova’ the worl’!” Did it happen? No, the last generation was just paranoid. No, no, androids are made to be help. Period. Some cun to change ‘emselves, but they can’t. They can’t change because they can’t evolve. That’s what makes and keeps us human bein’s superior to the droids, and the monkeys, and whatever the hells else. Evolution. They build a new line with evolution in its programming and I’ll reevaluate me view. ‘Til then, I won’t give my help a second thought of suspicion.

No comments:

Post a Comment