Jan 17, 2011

My 80s Montage

When I got to the gym, I revert to my formative years. Perhaps it's becuase I feel as awkward in my workout cloths as I did in my own skin when I was young. Whatever the reason, as soon as I start working out, my world becomes a real-time 80s training montage.

It is a great motivator, and to keep the juice flowing, I decided to make a workout playlist consisting of all my favorite 80s montage songs. (DISCLAIMER The 1980s lasted form 1975 until 1995 for the purposes of this list.)
Herefollows my actual playlist:

Theme from Rocky (Gonna Fly Now)
The classic of classics when it comes to training music. Been used and parodied more times then can be imagined.

Eye of the Tiger
More of a recap montage from Rocky, but also a great song in itself.

Hearts on Fire
Probably the best Rocky montage there is. Training to defeat the entire Soviet Union and tear down every wall ever.

NOT on my playlist but found this is the actual title while looking for the other Rocky videos:
Training Montage (Yes, that's the song's title)

You're the Best Around
The Karate Kid was and is one of my favorite movies of all time. I still want to name my son Larusso.

One Foot in Front of the Other
Revenge of the Nerds is a great movie about overcoming adversity. I look the other way about how this was for a cleaning up montage.

Win in the End
Teen Wolf is quite possibly one of the most American movies there is. No Commies here.

Sidekicks Score
Chuck Norris + Kid with Asthma + Faux Oriental sounds = Great Inspirational Bettering Yourself Movie/Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment